0zero7

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Parenting Quick Challenge: Focus on You

I haven't really told you a lot about me. I try and keep the focus on kids and parents because, well, that's what this whole shindig is about. But sometimes it's fun to tell others about yourself, and that's just what my bloggy friend, Balancing Mama, let me do this weekend over at her blog. So if you've ever wondered about 1. My eyebrows, 2. My favorite musical, or 3. How and why I started this blog, head on over and read a little about yours truly. You'll also want to follow Balancing Mama because she's inspiring and her daughter is CUTE!


Okay, so now to the challenge. Like I said, it's fun to focus on yourself sometimes, but its also healthy. Of course it's great to devote yourself to your children and take care of their needs- that's your job. But guess what? Taking care of yourself is part of being ready to take care of your children.


Today's challenge has two parts:


1. Take some 'me' time, even if it's just 10 minutes. Resist the urge to empty the dishwasher, fold the laundry, or take out the trash. Instead, make yourself a cup of hot tea, soak 10 minutes longer in the shower, or send an email to an old friend. It will recharge you and you'll feel energized.


2. Tell you children something about you. Tell your very young children your favorite color or food; tell your older children how you deal with happiness or frustration- but make it about you. Children learn through actions and sharing something unique to you will help them learn that every person is different. 


Okay, you know the next part. Tell me about it! What did you share? What were your children's reactions?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Parenting | Singleparent Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree