0zero7

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Parent of the Week: The Zany Housewife

This week’s Avant Garde Parent of the Week is none other than The Zany Housewife herself! Zany is an anonyblogger, which means you’ll have to use your imagination to picture her and her precious munchkin- but it’s totally worth it. Read on as she describes how she and her daughter get goofy together.
As always, If you would like to be featured as an Avant Garde Parent of the Week or have someone you would like to nominate, please email me at deluna.jamie@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you! 
Tell me a little about you
I'm the Zany Housewife. I like cooking, baking, classic movies/television, running amok, and creating the occasional doodle/painting. I don't dance in the car but I dance like crazy around the house. And in the grocery store. And down the sidewalk. I tap dance at random times. In fact, I have been tap dancing since the age of four. I wanted to be Shirley Temple but my hair never curled. Later I wanted to be a part of Vaudeville. Imagine my reaction when I learned I was oh, about 70 years too late.
Tell me a little about your kiddo
My daughter, aka resident munchkin is 21 months old. She is incredibly curious, stubborn and scrappy. She loves to smell flowers, yell hi at any person/animal that crosses her path and has her first crush on Ernie from Sesame Street. She shares her love of pasta with her dad and cannot leave a room without kissing us and saying 'buh bye' as she runs off. She knows the sounds that animals make (you say the word 'chicken' and she clucks happily in response) and loves to point out body parts and their names. It's good until she pokes you in the eye.
What surprised you most about parenting?
I think it was having to relearn how to schedule time. I have always run by schedule and once she came into the picture, everything was different. It took me a good two months to get into a new routine.
What one tip would you give other parents or parents-to-be?
Forget the burp cloths on your baby registry. You won't need them. Also, invest in a good video camera. They really do grow up fast, as cliche as it sounds, and you will want to have those moments on hand...to see where they've been and to see where they are going. And always pack your purse (ladies) with wipes. And crackers. And a board book if you can fit it. Last but not least, (my personal fav) is to be as goofy as humanly possible. You may think you look like a quack, but your kid will enjoy it.
 How have you had to be Avant Garde as a parent?
Hmm. That's a tough one. I guess we've had to be creative as far as eating is concerned. When introducing new foods I get overly animated about what we are eating. She then gets really interested and will at least give the new item a try. Her newest favorite is curry. She loves it. Also, when going to the doctor I tell her how (when looking in her ear) the doc is on the hunt for monkeys. It sounds absurd, right? But her eyes get wide and she sits really still. Her new doctor is great and plays right along

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Parenting | Singleparent Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree