0zero7

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Parent of the Week: Jodi

I have a super awesome, unique Parent of the Week for you this week- Jodi! Two words: Homeschool. Disney. Eeeeee!!! I would have LOVED her homeschool approach when I was young! Go check it out after you read her Avant Garde Parent of the Week post.


As always, if you'd like to be a Parent of the Week or would like to nominate someone, email me at deluna.jamie@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

---------------


Tell me a little about you- Who are you? What do you do? Hobbies? Do you dance in the car?
I am Jodi Whisenhunt, a Christian wife, mother, writer, editor, homeschooler, kid taxi and very tired person who is blessed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. I run Magical Mouse Schoolhouse, where Disney IS school. It's a fun way to use Walt Disney entertainment to help kids learn while they play.

I've always loved to sing, and I do dance in the car. Trust me, you don't want me dancing anywhere else! 

Tell me about your children.
I have a 15-year-old son who plays JV baseball, loves cars and wants to be a police officer. I also have a 7-year-old daughter who lives for all things pink and sparkly. She wants to be a "maker" (chef) when she grows up and likes to experiment in my spice cabinet. My youngest is a 5-year-old boy. He is all giggles and energy and gets a kick out of beating Mom at Uno.

What surprised you most about parenting?
Well, I had always heard that boys are rambunctious and wild and spirited and that girls were, you know, "sugar and spice and everything nice." That's not the case in our house! My boys have always been the laid back ones, and my girlie girl is the mischievous one I have to keep an eye on. 


How have you had to be Avant Garde as a parent?
I homeschool. Need I say more? LOL! In all honesty, though, teaching my children at home has definitely exercised my creative side and keeps me looking for innovative ways to pique their interest in learning. Magical Mouse Schoolhouse is a perfect example of that effort.

Jodi and Past Parents of the Week: Feel free to grab the Parent of the Week Badge:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Parenting | Singleparent Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree