0zero7

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Parent of the Week: Tracy

Okay, you guys are just going to love this. This week's Parent of the week is Tracy. She is the mom of four (love it!) and was nominated by her husband (LOVE IT!). She blogs over at My Crazy 4 and she's just all around awesome. Enjoy!

As always, if you'd like to be a Parent of the Week or would like to nominate someone, email me at deluna.jamie@gmail.comI look forward to hearing from you!

----------------

Tell me a little about you- Who are you? What do you do? Hobbies? Do you dance in the car?
My name is Tracy and I live in West Georgia and I have been married for almost 11 years to my wonderful husband Scott. We have 4 awesome children. I am a breastfeeding, baby wearing, cloth diapering organic loving, home schooling mom. I home school my two older boys in the K-12 program. My biggest accomplishment so far is teaching the boys how to read. I love to blog even though it is hard to find the time to do it as often as I like. I am an avid coupon clipper and I take every chance I can to save some money. And no, I do not dance in the van, but I do sing Barney and Imagination Movers songs.

Tell me about your children.
I have three boys and a girl. My son Carson is seven and he is so much like his daddy. He’s very sweet , sensitive and caring. He loves to read, draw and play legos. Cain is five and he is alot like me. He’s our strong willed, knows what he wants, and never backs down kind of boy. He loves the computer and is very smart. Carly, my daughter is four and she is my little princess who does a great job of keeping up with her brothers. She loves to learn, do everything herself and help out around the house. Camlin is 19 months and he is the climber of the family. He loves to take naps while in the Ergo back carrier. He is still nursing, and definitely a momma’s boy. They were all born on a Wednesday, and their birthdays are every 3 months-March~ June~ September~ December (3-6-9-12). I’m a big planner.


What surprised you most about parenting?
When I first got married I did not want children at all. I know crazy, huh? I think what has surprised me the most about parenting is how much the kids would teach me about things. I think we learn from our children as much as they learn from us. Even though sometimes it takes us awhile to figure that out. I also had no idea that I would become such a passionate parent about things such as breastfeeding, attachment parenting, baby wearing, non vaccinating and eating organically. I do wish I would have started cloth diapering sooner.

How have you had to be Avant Garde as a parent?
Well with four children that are so different from one another I have had to learn to use different parenting styles. We are not all the same and neither are our children. I have come to find out that I can use examples from different books I have read and implemented the styles and mesh them together. My favorite is  “Love and Logic”. Everyday is not going to be the same. Each day brings a new challenge and I am learning to adapt to that and take it as it comes. The main thing is that I will love my children and try to show them that mistakes will be made and it is ok. Move on. Have fun and enjoy every minute of them because they grow up fast.


Thank you Jamie for allowing me to be Parent of the Week! And to my wonderful husband who thinks I should always be Parent of the Week. Love you honey. 



---------------

Tracy and Past Parents of the Week: Feel free to grab the Parent of the Week Badge:







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Parenting | Singleparent Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree