0zero7

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Parenting Quick Challenge: Stay Sane for the Holidays (Part 2)


Part one was the food holiday- Thanksgiving. But you got through it, right? Now it's the gift holiday. More fun, but also more stress. Now not only are you dealing with your relatives, in-laws, food and cooking, unfamiliar people staying in your home (or you staying in unfamiliar people's homes), but add in the stress of... Gifts.


Now, if you're like me, you know exactly what to get each and every person on your list- you know just what will make each loved one smile and warm their hearts in the most personal kind of way. You've also finished all your shopping by December 1.  Wait. That's not me at all. As I write this, I'm still not finished shopping and each year I convince myself a little more that gift cards are in fact quite a thoughtful, personal gift- after all, it’s like money, only better. Right? RIGHT?

But I regress. The point is: the holidays can be are stressful. If you celebrate Hanukkah, congratulations! You. Are. Done. Pat yourself on the back, put your feet up, and take a rest. If you celebrate Christmas, stay tuned: what follows is my highly philosophical, well thought out, took me days to come up with it, top two reasons to remind yourself NOT to be stressed out for Christmas 2010:

1. Christmas is on a Saturday. Sleep in on Sunday.

2. If your kids get up at the crack of dawn on Christmas day, the will likely zonk out for a nap by noon.

TAA-DAAA! There. Don’t you feel less stressed already?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Parenting | Singleparent Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree