0zero7

Monday, February 7, 2011

Who Takes Care of Mommy: Update

actual storm photo
I'm so sad to tell you that the forum I was scheduled to attend got cancelled because of severe weather. Last week, we got a few inches of solid ice, covered by 6 inches of thick snow, topped off with over 100 hours of sub-zero temperatures. Where do I live, you ask. Dallas, Texas. That's right. The land of heat and cowboys, 70+ degree Christmases, and record breaking summers. I'm sure many of you also had to deal with the crazy winter storm. I'll tell you- I've never seen anything like this in my life. 


Anyhow, said forum will be held- but in June.


However, since I think the topic of self care is so important, I decided to give you some fun, easy, free(ish) ways to take care of yourself!


But first- here's my CBS 11 clip on the topic!





1. Take a bubble bath. Have you ever heard that saying that once you have children, the only privacy you can get is in the bathroom? Take advantage. In fact, spend ten extra minutes. Do not feel guilty.


2. Make what you want for dinner. Even if you end up making something else for your kids, make yourself what you want one night a week. You'll love yourself for it. Do not feel guilty.


3. Get dressed up on a Tuesday. For no one else but yourself. If you don't want to get dressed up, at least put on your nice makeup (we all have it- the 'nice' lip gloss). It'll make you feel good.


4. Car dance. I'm telling you, it turns a bad mood good. Kesha's my guilty pleasure- what's yours?


5. Give someone else a compliment. Brightening someone else's day will make you feel good on the inside. Try it.


What do you do to take care of yourself?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Parenting | Singleparent Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree