0zero7

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Parenting Quick Challenge: Summer Breeze

Find one. Just kidding. Well, kind of. Guys. It’s been over 100 degrees here for 15 days straight. Fifteen. And I won’t even tell you what it feels like. Molten lava comes to mind, not that I know what that feels like, but I do think I have a pretty good idea at this point...

Okay really though, the challenge (which we haven’t had in a while, I know, I’m slacking...) is to be like a breeze. If you’ve forgot what that’s like, here’s what one looks like:



Now let’s all do a collective groan and vent about how much we can’t wait for autumn.

Are we done? Okay.

As parents, sometimes you have to try and be like the breeze and just go with things. Move freely, be flexible, sway. It’s tough, but it’s so worth it. I promise. I, for one, am the type of person who loves to be in control all the time. Guess what? Not always a good way to be. Definitely not always a good way to be with kids. When you can be flexible and sway with life, you may even discover new adventures, new things about the world that you never knew were there. It may bring about positive sides of your attitude you never knew were there :)

Now go. Sway.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Parenting | Singleparent Blog. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemesfree